When configured with a Python harness, TestArchitect can be used to automate testing on software for custom hardware
Unlike other proprietary and open source tools, that are able to automate only desktop, or mobile, TestArchitect (TA Test) has the ability to test the software that runs on hardware in the following ways:
1. TA can validate the data on the Application Under Test (AUT) by UI testing in real-time
2. TA can communicate via connectors to control and validate the Device Under Test (DUT) tools or equipment in real-time
TestArchitect is Extensible for Testing Hardware
This is due to TestArchitect’s easy extensibility. In this edition of TestArchitect, we’ll walk you how to automate testing equipment (ATE). In this example, TestArchitect uses Python (as harness actions) to talk with the tools and test equipment via communications channels and allows the user to configure which tools will be used for testing. Software solutions that need input from external devices can now be fully tested using Test Architect with the help of Python Harness.
How to Automate the Workflow on the Device Under Test (DUT)
In order to automate the Workflow on a Desktop Application, one can do so by following these steps:
· First, configure the hardware you want to test.
· Then using TestArchitect to input data, one can automate the workflows on the desktop app to send data as configuration to the hardware.
· TA monitors and controls hardware via test equipment or directly to test boxes themselves, to feed the tools different data, or change configurations while the Desktop application is running and connecting with tools. We can verify state and configuration of tools in this step also.
· Return to the Desktop app/Web app and verify returned data from the tools: TA verifies the data transferred to Desktop app or Web app with data TA fed to the tools.
Leveraging Other Programming Languages
When combined with a Python Harness, TestArchitect becomes a powerful tool to help in complex testing situations. TA can also be extended to support other programming languages like C# and Java, which can also be used as harness actions for other similar projects. To learn more about the benefits of TestArchitect, visit testarchitect.com today.